Authentic Executive Portraits
A good executive portrait begins with a conversation. Who are you? What do you like? What are your passions? It’s critical for me to have that connection before my finger ever presses the shutter button. A good portrait reflects as much about me as the person being photographed.
Why are executive portraits critical? Because they reflect your brand – basically who you are to your customer. You spend thousands of dollars on a website – why have a have poorly lit cell-phone image be what your customer sees.
When planning an executive portrait – this is what’s important:
- Choose the right background. If you are a corporate professional, a boardroom works great. An executive chef – a commercial kitchen. A dog trainer – gotta have your dog.
- Wear the right clothes. I always have clients bring multiple outfits to a photoshoot. Different looks can be used for different purposes.
- Good lighting is critical. I always bring flashes/studio lighting to a photoshoot.
- Connect with the audience. I want to see a look that shows confidence and professionalism.
- Take more than a headshot. You want your customers to see who you are. All my portraits can be cropped to also deliver high-quality headshots.